Not Empty or Run Dry!

Whoa!  It's been over a month since I blogged...CRAZY!!  My summer days so far have been filled with a one week trip to New Brunswick,  & a wedding in Maine &  back again to "dive in " to the fun summer activities that we have planned to do with the Youth here in Portage.  God has been so good!!  Camp outs, boating/tubing, Splash Island (outdoor water park) days, small groups, building relationships, listening to hurts, praying & giving of myself is... I am going to be real with you---EXHAUSTING!!  Many nights I come home (slightly "sun-kissed")  & just crash.  How do I keep going?  Do I need more than just the highs of my beloved morning coffee to keep me going? YES, YES & YES!
*HIS WORD IS WHERE I FIND ALL I NEED!*
This week I have been studying the widow of Zarephath in I Kings 17:8-16.  This lady was at the end of her rope...her husband died, there was a famine, & she only had enough flour to feed her & her son one last time.  She thought she was going to die!  BUT GOD sent his servant Elijah to let her know that her flour bin would not be empty & her oil jar would not run dry & sure enough God provided & His promise was true.

This story is mostly thought of with the material in mind...like finances, food...whatever. My tired & worn out soul heard another  thing this week...God provides the food & the physical things we need, yes, but He also gives us a strength & endurance that will never run dry or be gone!!  My tired body could have jumped for joy at this thought! As I look to GOD for everything I need...my "flour bin & oil jar" of strength & endurance will never be empty!  He gives me everything I need to do what I have been called to do...& I am willing to be poured out...to come to the end of myself & my strength so that it is Him I need!

So even though at times I am exhausted, worn out, & weak...I LOVE camp outs, boating/tubing, Splash Island (outdoor water park) days, small groups, building relationships, listening to hurts, praying & giving of myself...it's not a job...a "have to" kind of a thing!  It is a privilege to serve my KING --the Giver of this extraordinary amount of strength.  It is renewed & given every day!!
NEVER EMPTY, ALWAYS FILLED & BEING FILLED WITH HIM !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth (even when it hurts)

No More Cancer

Shake Off the Dust