Ripples that turn into waves


"Jesus, bring ripples that turn into waves"

2013!!  Crazy!!  These last few weeks  in Nova Scotia have been different, but  great!  It has been a time to just be thankful, a time to rest, laugh & be with my family & friends.   A time to refocus, a time to realize that I have changed so much in the last 8 months of living life as a Prairie girl.  The Deanna who left the east coast in May is different than the Deanna now...not outwardly, but inwardly.  God has broken my heart, set a fire in my bones, brought me to my knees over & over,  given me a desire to be closer to Him than ever before & now I am ready to go back.  My heart knows without a doubt that there is no place I'd rather be. It is hard at times, but totally worth every ounce of my time & energy!!  There is joy in living life with Jesus & bringing others to Him!

So what is it that keeps me going?  In 2013 what is the thing that burns deeply in my heart as I go back to YFC? It is a stone!  Yes, a stone!  I want to be like a stone when it is thrown into water it ripples.  I want my faith/my love for Jesus to be so strong...so big.. that it causes 'ripples' in the lives around me...but even greater than that I pray that my life would be used to bring 'waves' of huge things in the lives of Youth and my city.  So yes, God has picked up this ordinary, imperfect stone of a girl,  & has thrown her into the water. There may be a few ripples, some she may never see until heaven, but still she cries out, "Jesus, bring the ripples, but don't just stop there...give me the faith enough to believe that you will bring the waves of amazing & God-glory things in the lives around me.  I want to be a 'stone' with not just a ripple affect, but a wave affect! 

Bring on the waves, Jesus!

Comments

  1. oh deanna...i love your heart!!! Always praying for you my sister

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth (even when it hurts)

No More Cancer

Shake Off the Dust