Alabastar Jar

The last few days I needed to be alone...it is so hard  for me to admit that I have limits.  I was tired after my week of hanging out with Teens and kids and just needed to breathe a little before heading into this week of my crazy days at YFC , plus an added ministry of VBS in the evenings. I even gave up a really fun camping trip with a friend & all of it was not in vain!  Can ministry become an idol?  Can too much of a good thing become a bad thing?  These are all questions and things God continues to work out in my heart. I have come to realize that I need HIM more than social gatherings, text messages, and friends. I need to be still! I need to be that Jar who is broken at his feet....whose fragrance of worship fills the air. When I  just keep going without taking time at His feet the fragrance is not as sweet and doesn't go as far. I want to be broken  that I will gladly be spent and poured out!!  (Check out John 12:1-8 for the story of the woman and her alabastar jar)
  Music often speaks what is on my heart so here is my heart tonight:








Comments

  1. beautiful. Less is more. I read a quote today... "If you don't have time for anything, you won't have time for Important Things." -Aaron Helman Thanks for the reminder of our need for Him and to be still in His presence.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth (even when it hurts)

No More Cancer

Shake Off the Dust