The Night My Apartment was Invaded By 'Angels'!

It was late on a Thursday Night and I had just returned home after a day of High School Visits, coffee chats and small group.  I turned the corner after getting off the elevator and there on my doorknob was a fancy little card with a ribbon on it that said, "With God all things are possible!" I sat there for a minute and smiled as I thought one of my neighbors must have left it for me. I grabbed my keys unlocked my door and scootered in...something was different...the dirt and grit where I usually parked "Blue" was gone!!  I looked down and all my floors had been swept and mopped.  I just sat on my scooter for awhile and a lump formed in my throat as I looked around.  On my table were paper flowers with a verse card by them.  I walked in my kitchen and saw notes that said You are loved, cherished and amazing ....and by then tears began to start filling my eyes.  Even my fridge was totally cleaned and on a carton of sour milk (used for baking cause yes I am like my momma) that was in there I read, 'Taste & See that the Lord is good"...now that just made me laugh! 
 In my bathroom and bedroom my mirrors & blinds were cleaned and  filled with more notes and Life Words, my bed was made and then I just sat!  I did not and could not even talk...my heart was just completely & utterly thankful!  If I was honest, I'd have to say I was embarrassed too, knowing the chaotic state of my apartment in which I left it that morning.  And people saw how chaotically organized I can be...ok maybe just plain messy!
So in having my suspicions about who did this....and just basking in the love the Father showed me through this invasion of angels, I began to think that they will never know how much this means.  These 'angels' took their time and showed a selfless act of service for this girl.  You see, cleaning for me is hard, tiring and always the last thing I seem to end up doing unfortunately.  It takes every ounce of energy on my days off to work at keeping my home...some days I'd rather just pretend the dirt is not there. The night my apartment was invaded by these angels however it was different, I could come home and rest and be encouraged . I may never know who these angels are...and that's ok...I don't need to know, but I do know that God saw their hearts as they served that night and I just pray that they will be blessed GIGANTICALLY because they deserve it!!  Thank You, Father for these angels that invaded my apartment. :) 





"You can always give without loving, but you can never love without giving." 
-  Amy Carmichael

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth (even when it hurts)

No More Cancer

Shake Off the Dust