My IMPACTing Weekend


This weekend I had the privilege and exciting honor to go as a Youth Leader to  Impact (Youth Retreat at Steinbach Bible College).  There were 11 of us from my church here in Portage. Three leaders and 8 female students. Phew!  I am tired, but also encouraged and reminded of the honor of leading these Youth in my city.  Late nights, early mornings, raw worship, concert of prayer, games, small groups, service projects even a dance party complete with a DJ and light show filled my weekend.  Also, I was encouraged by our speaker and reminded to dream big, and hold on with hope to Jesus who is our Anchor.  

Check out this link to a  highlight Video of all that I experienced: http://youtu.be/zpNYROK5VY4.

I felt a little nostalgic being on a Bible College Campus again.  All the memories of Teen Retreats at New Brunswick Bible Institute came flooding back and as I sat and watched my girls worship, be excited and have the fire of their hearts stirred up, I could only think back.  I thought back to the times when God used NBBI Teen Retreats to ignite my heart towards surrender to go anywhere, at anytime.  The time when my fears shattered in 2005 and I gave in to God's call to go to NBBI.  Then 4 years as a student on campus serving and encouraging the youth that came every year.
As I sat there with my beauties on campus thinking of how God worked in me and how I encountered Jesus in an unforgettable way at a Bible College Campus....I could only praise and pray for God to do huge things in life of these girls.  It was an impacting weekend for them....that I know where they were stirred again to live and give for Jesus, but now my hope and prayer is that this weekend would serve as a impacting moment that would last forever in the lives of the girls who were there...He's not finished with them or me yet!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth (even when it hurts)

No More Cancer

Shake Off the Dust