I scoot for LIFE... I am for LIFE!



This past September 10 was Suicide Prevention Day!  Suicide is an issue that I will gladly stand up against.  Youth I see everyday experience things that bring them to places of hopelessness, darkness & death, but all the more reason to bring them to the Person who is LIFE--Jesus!  It is not an easy road...and many of us fear it!  I know and believe though that the breath in every set of lungs should only be stopped by the One who gives the breath! This is why I scoot for life!

She sits in a clinic barely able to process all that has happened!  She is pregnant!  It is inconvenient timing and her partner is not really partnering at all...so they tell her let's extract "the tissue" and move on!  Do they not know that every life starts at the moment of conception?  Do they not know there is a God who knit every cell together!  Every life is precious and I choose to be a voice for the unborn...to be a voice of healing, hope and love for those who've had abortions!  This is His heart...LIFE for the innocent, vulnerable and broken!There is no situation of death that cannot be changed by JESUS my Champion of life!  It is more than just holding up a sign and yelling out statements...It is being burdened by the the things that are on God's heart...so much so that I cannot sit by and watch innocent babies die!  I also cannot sit by and blurt out statements that condemn, but rather give hope in Jesus!  With Him...no mistake...no abortion...no sin is too big that He cannot forgive!  This is why I scoot for life!

Her body is worn with fatigue...nurses check on her frail body multiple times a day and she thinks to her self "It would be easier for everyone if I wasn't here!" For 10 years, the disease has ravaged every part of her body...even now she is nonverbal and can't feed herself!  She grabs the scribble pad with her last ounce of strength and scribbles in writing.."Let me Go!"  Her family sees this and begins preparation for a day when they would gather around her bed and without a second thought allow her Dr. to give her the meds to "let her go comfortably."  Do they know that the Person who gives LIFE is also the One who has the power to take it?  Do they know that people with disease and disability are valuable and not a burden?  Do they know that suffering does not mean that God has turned His back on you, but rather may be using it to strengthen, grow and teach you that you need HIM!  Although I do not wish for these things to happen...and do pray for healing I know and believe LIFE found in Jesus can give people who are bed ridden and who are in wheelchairs the purpose and dignity they long for!  This is why I am for LIFE...This is why I scoot for Life!

I leave you with a picture of God's heart for the unborn baby, the suicidal person, the suffering person who just wants to die!  This is what the Father wants to do.  He will adopt, clothe, and protect you if you Choose LIFE through Jesus!  He came to make the places of death, places of LIFE!  And HE cries out as do I "LIVE! "
EZEKIEL 16 (MSG):
4-5 “‘On the day you were born your umbilical cord was not cut, you weren’t bathed and cleaned up, you weren’t rubbed with salt, you weren’t wrapped in a baby blanket. No one cared a fig for you. No one did one thing to care for you tenderly in these ways. You were thrown out into a vacant lot and left there, dirty and unwashed—a newborn nobody wanted.

6-7 “‘And then I came by. I saw you all miserable and bloody. Yes, I said to you, lying there helpless and filthy, “Live! Grow up like a plant in the field!” And you did. You grew up. You grew tall and matured as a woman, full-breasted, with flowing hair. But you were naked and vulnerable, fragile and exposed.

8-14 “‘I came by again and saw you, saw that you were ready for love and a lover. I took care of you, dressed you and protected you. I promised you my love and entered the covenant of marriage with you. I, God, the Master, gave my word. You became mine. I gave you a good bath, washing off all that old blood, and anointed you with aromatic oils. I dressed you in a colorful gown and put leather sandals on your feet. I gave you linen blouses and a fashionable wardrobe of expensive clothing. I adorned you with jewelry: I placed bracelets on your wrists, fitted you out with a necklace, emerald rings, sapphire earrings, and a diamond tiara. You were provided with everything precious and beautiful: with exquisite clothes and elegant food, garnished with honey and oil. You were absolutely stunning. You were a queen! You became world-famous, a legendary beauty brought to perfection by my adornments. Decree of God, the Master.

This above picture is what the Father longs to do and this is what is ours if we Choose LIFE in HIM!

This is why
I Scoot for LIFE...I am for LIFE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth (even when it hurts)

No More Cancer

Shake Off the Dust