Apartment Worship & Breathing In His life

                                       

I have gone through 8 weeks of swim lessons!  It hasn't been an easy road. I found this picture of me from my early years of being a part of a program at University that trained studying physiotherapists.  Those days were good, but I never learned to swim!  Since starting swimming I have learned that probably the most important factor is the way that you breathe and relax in water!  Over these weeks, my breathing has become more rhythmic and it's amazing how in the most tense moments of my lesson, the word "Relax!"(said repeatedly by my determined swim coach), has made a difference in the way I move through the water.  Those moments when I breath out and in...those moments when I pray for peace when I am in the deep waters have become things that teach me in and out of the water.

I want to be the kind of woman who moves rhythmically to the voice of her supreme Coach.  I can go through life trying to move ahead and go forward, but so often I let doing, fear, and other things keep me drowning.  Oh, but then I hear the sweet loud voice of Jesus say, "Relax, Dee...Breathe!  Come be with Me.  My Breath is in your Lungs... and I will keep you moving in the rhythms of MY grace & heartbeat! So I am in the process of learning how to be and not just do...of learning how to breathe and not try to move in my own strength.  It really is HIS breath breathed into me that keeps me above the waves!
This clip of a song is one that I had to declare as I sat this morning to receive & breathe. It is called  "Great Are You, Lord"  It is my living room/ apartment worship :) So sit back, and breathe in HIS grace & peace today!

Matthew 11:28-30 (MSG) 
“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly."
 
 
Acts 17: 28“‘In Him we live and move and have our being’;[d]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth (even when it hurts)

No More Cancer

Shake Off the Dust