‘Sup Bro? We need you!


A girl needs a brother, ya know?  The last few months I have been praying into how much we need each other in the Body of Christ.  We need male and females leading and living out their uniqueness in the Family of God. It is amazing to me how  protected and valued I feel when men actually step in and value and protect me instead of just treating me like I am less than.  I am not an object to be used, abused or looked down on.  I have something to contribute to God's Kingdom ....God can give me  something to say, pray or lay down as my offering to King Jesus. Maybe it's my role at YFC working as a female staff and seeing so many girls hurt by men...and men hurt by girls? 

 Hear me when I say
this is not a man hater post, but rather a call for men to see the women around them as created in God's image.  Please see us as precious sisters who need your strength, courage and gentle compassion.  Be the kind of men who call out the beauty in us and pray for us. Be the ones who give  your wives freedom to still have time for other friendships.  Be the ones who call us out of our quietness and want to hear what we have to say.Be the ones to not write us off as "just another emotional woman" even when you can't understand the why. Be the ones who take a whole car load of us on a road trip, the kind who at the drop of a hat will give a ride so you don't have to take a sketchy taxi  and be the kind of brothers who call out the wild adventurer in us even when we are too tired to see it ourselves.  It is time, dear brothers for you in the Body to be all these things and be like Jesus to us.  It is time in holy purity and with grace-filled boundaries to carry us when we feel tired, to help us find the smile in our day and to help heal the things in us that other men have destroyed and wrecked in us!  You can pray for us, you can walk with us and sing with us...it's ok!  Don't be afraid of us, be aware of us!  I lay down my competitiveness and pick up our uniqueness.  I lay down my fear of you and choose to love who you are.  I lay down my fight against you and walk with you.  Truth is, bro I need you!  You know, bro that we sistas have something you need too.  It's just how our Dad designed it all to be.  I confess we haven't made it easy for you.  Sometimes we've bashed you more than we've helped you or encouraged you.  So I step up...you step up and together we work for His name's sake.  Brother...Sister...TOGETHER!  This is the BODY...this is what will bring healing in the Family and to the families of our communities and nations! Let it be Lord Jesus...let it be!
















In the pictures are some of my good, good brothers who've shown me the above things exactly!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth (even when it hurts)

No More Cancer

Shake Off the Dust