One Song, Different Parts

Over the past few years I have been a part of a worship team. It has been a learning experience for me as most of what I learned to sing growing up had been solos and singing the lead part in songs.  It has been interesting for me to step out of my comfort space vocally and learn to hear and sing the harmonies in our song sets. It is a beautiful thing to sit with my team and sing the same song, but know and celebrate the unique, distinct parts that each singer adds to the song.  We sing the same song for the same Person, but each singer sings a unique part of that song.

The song written for us as Christians in Jesus’ Kingdom should be sung with one voice.  The song of our lives should do nothing less than lead people to know Him.  The beauty of it though is that each one under Christ has a distinct part to sing. No one can sing our part, but as we tune our ear to hear His song He sings over us, we will then be singing a beautiful harmony part that blends beautifully with the other voices singing Heaven’s song.


The part of my life song that has been with YFC Portage is ending.  I have been lead of the Lord to be done with Portage YFC on June 29th, 2018!   This is a decision that I am excited about and have been led to in peace.  There is a new part to be sung in the song of my life and what that is has not been clearly revealed to me yet.  I do know however that this new song will not be sung louder or out of competition with YFC Portage.  It will still be the same song of pointing people to Jesus and yet my part is leading me to go down  a different path.  I am leaving YFC Portage grateful to God for His work in me over the last 6 years, His work in the Youth and in the Portage YFC family.

Please pray for me as I discern God’s heart for the next part of the song in my life and know that for all of you who have walked with me, prayed for me, gave financially & supported me I am grateful!  Your part in the song has been needed and so strong. You will receive further info on what’s next and what this means for you as my ministry partners in the near future.  Thank you & keep praying for me!


I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you. Psalm 32:8




P.S. Here's a little video singing with my oldest brother at Christmas.  Thankful that the big strong arms of my Jesus will never let me go.  My hands are open to the One who will never let me go!

















Comments

  1. Our love and prayers for you Dee! "In shady green pastures so rich and so sweet, God Leads His dear children along..." xoxo Dad & Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth (even when it hurts)

No More Cancer

Shake Off the Dust