Voice Of Peace In The Waiting of Advent

Heaven gave my friend and the leader of the worship team I minister with  a beautiful, candlelit way to offer our worship this past Sunday.  A few of us testified to the Voice of Peace in our personal journeys.   On this day after Christmas and reflecting on how I am being led and where I am at in life...I am grateful for this Voice of Peace who knows me so intimately. Here was my part:



"I am the Voice of Peace in the Waiting


The words of the carol say, “He knows our need.  To our weakness is no stranger.”  My 

response to that …




“Be still, and know that I am God.

    I will be exalted among the nations,

    I will be exalted in the earth!”

  The Lord of hosts is with us;


 the God of Jacob is our fortress.  (Psalm 46:10-11)




To be still is to stop striving, to stop trying to figure things out and to let go of 

control. I often need this Voice of Peace to remind me to Be still and live 

knowing HE is God and I am not.   He says “Be still” when I suffer and long for

 the physical and emotional burden of living with Cerebral Palsy to be gone out 

my life.  He says “Be still” when I pray for family and people He puts in front of 

me to be saved, healed and restored. He says “Be still” on the days when being 

a single woman carries with it an ache for companionship, family and a sense of

 home.  He says “Be still” when He asks you to take steps of obedience that 

mean goodbyes, that cost you and may not always be comfortable or clearly laid


 out according to your timeline. He says “Be Still” in the middle of a sinful world

 with so much injustice, hate and rejection of Him. On the days that are long in

 this life and I find myself groaning, “Come, Lord Jesus!” He is the Peaceful 

 Voice who is God that whispers so gently “Be still” and my heart is shushed

 again by remembering that in all the waiting, darkness and suffering He is here

 too! And yet there is a day when He as the Prince of Peace will make everything

 right, will wipe every tear from our eyes and will bring justice! I will look on His

 face…and on that day my body, family,  and nations will “Be still” and will exalt 

Him forever…and that is the ‘now and not yet’ promise of our PEACE."





He sees you in the waiting and is no stranger to your weakness, friend!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth (even when it hurts)

No More Cancer

Shake Off the Dust