Two crutches, one Jesus-consumed girl, YFC Portage & a Big GOD!/March Prayer Letter


 If you haven't received my latest newsletter....Here it is :)


My dear friends & family, March 2012

I am so incredibly grateful for all of you & how God has been using you to be a part of what He is doing in my life. Yes, God is using you! I could not do this without your prayers, encouragement & financial support! There have been days throughout this waiting/fund-raising process that I wake up & say, “What am I doing...why am I even doing this?” It is those days that God in His goodness uses your prayers, encouraging notes, words & support to get me through. Many of you have been asking/ wondering what I have been up to and how things are going so here's what's been happening.

  • Heart Sharing” in the Moncton Area
    On Sunday, February 5 I had the privilege of singing & sharing about my adventure with YFC at two churches in the Moncton, NB area. Middlesex Baptist Church is where I was for the morning service & it was so great to meet people there who have been praying & supporting me. They were so welcoming & encouraging! Then I went in the evening to Bethel Baptist Church to share & sing as well. It was so special to be there again as this was the place where it all started—I came to know Jesus as my Savior there when I was five! There were a lot of tears, & overwhelming moments of thanks to God as I stood before many people who have prayed & poured into my life over the years. It was a good day....and though speaking is not my favorite thing to do, I was blessed to stand before these churches and give God the glory for writing this story.

  • A visit with the Ritskes'
    Jim & Tamara Ritskes (Executive Director of YFC Portage & Wife)flew here the last weekend of February. It was their first trip this far east & so they toured around & got to see the sites, but most of all they shared from their hearts about YFC & my role with them. We had some time to talk & work out details too!! Talking in person is way better than email or phone! I have grown to appreciate & respect both Jim & Tamara for their genuine love for Jesus and others... & I can't wait to work with them & YFC!
God definitely knew what He was doing when He brought us all together.

  • Commissioning Service at Maranatha Bible Church
    My Church family also had a special commissioning service for me the Sunday evening that the Ritskes' were here. It was quite special & emotional as I got to share where God is leading me, special songs were sung, pictures of my life were shown, & my Pastor/Dad & Jim Ritskes prayed over & for me. They ( my church family) were letting me go in God's hands. Even though it is tough to let go for me & them, I am ready to go & will bring them with me through their prayers & support.
  • Connecting with Supporters
I will be trying to connect with my supporters over the next few weeks to say thank you & to ask them to keep praying. My monthly support is still low, but I am trusting God that He will work to have me in Portage by April. Will you consider joining with me in this, if you haven't already?

Please Pray for:
  • Monthly Support to be raised—people would give, pray & be in on what God's doing
  • Options for housing—that God would work out details and we would follow His plan
  • God would work in hearts of the girls I'll be working with even now.

    Waiting In His Time,

    Deanna Stearns

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth (even when it hurts)

No More Cancer

Shake Off the Dust