Crusty Lasanga & Making Disciples


Making disciples is not an easy process.  It is trying.  It is messy.  It is slow, tedious, even painful at times.  It is all these things because it is relational.  Jesus has not given us an effortless step-by-step formula for impacting nations for his glory.  He has given us people, and he has said, “Live for them.  Love them, serve them, and lead them.  Lead them to follow me, and lead them to lead others to follow me.  In the process you will multiply the gospel to the ends of the earth." 

David Platt from his book Radical


I found the above quote "creeping" facebook last night & BAM! it hit me.  The last week has been filled with moments where I keep asking myself is what I am doing really making a difference?  In my week of  crusty lasangas (prepared for a Girl's Night),  people not showing up, getting tired & things not happening the way I planned....still I am called to "Live for them. Love them, serve them and lead them."  I am called to speak truth no mater if they receive it or not.  I am called to give joy when  they are broken & sad.  I am called to cry with them. I am called to listen. I am called to laugh with them. I am called to help them see that they need Jesus & to follow Him.  I am called to be like Jesus and pray, pour & give so that they will want Him too!  So yes, even though there are days when I don't see results....when people don't show & when the lasanga goes crusty--My heart & passion still is to love & lead others to follow Jesus!  No matter how hard or how slow, this  will be what I live for!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth (even when it hurts)

No More Cancer

Shake Off the Dust