The girl who washed my crippled feet

Ten months ago I met her & I could see her beauty right then.  A high school student with blonde hair and a joy and gentle, quiet spirit that I have come to love in her.  Every week, every time I see her she runs and gives a hug to this crazy, Nova Scotian, handicapped girl.  I squeeze her & I think, "God, she doesn't even know how much she has blessed ME!"
Her heart to learn & grow deeper with Jesus is amazing, her drive to do her best in everything--from school to her job.
And then about a month ago her heart became even more real to me...
 We were studying the Book of John and I was sitting there watching a HUGE act of love & humility that Jesus shows us in Scripture (John 13)--the washing of feet.  Completely overwhelmed by this beautiful picture as I watched the older women & the younger women around me...having no clue as to what God had for me next! This beauty of a girl grabbed the basin of water and  the towel looked into my face and said, "Can I wash your feet, Deanna?" I bit my lip trying not to cry, but it was too late! This very girl who I serve & love every week through Small Group was sitting washing MY feet...feet that have been poked, prodded, operated on, & touched numerous times, but NEVER with such love! I will never forget this moment in all of its beauty...and the lesson I learned that day from the girl who washed my feet.  For her, this is the beginning of serving! As I write this she is on her first missions trip to El Paso, Texas & I know that God is doing big things with this girl...and I just get a front row seat to what He's doing in her and so many other girls. Thanks, Jesus for this girl who washed my feet. Give her a real heart to serve you this way all the days of her life...YOU ARE SO GOOD!  And to my dear, sweet girl--> Grow & Glow in HIS beauty!  Praying for you...calling out the woman of God in you!

Comments

  1. How incredibly poignant. It is amazing how often those whom God has called us to bless end up pouring out blessing on us as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth (even when it hurts)

No More Cancer

Shake Off the Dust