Jesus Understands Me

This morning I was reading Philippians 2, where Jesus did not grasp His glory, but let go of the glories of heaven to become a humble servant. 
I read:
"who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,  but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. "

"...a thing to be grasped" jumped off the page and is forever stamped on my heart.  This tells me that Jesus understood what it means to let go...what it means to give up...what it means to surrender to the Father's plan. I don't even want to pretend that my call to surrender is  the same as Jesus'. He was God and was in heaven, but He left it all for me!!  Whoa!

I have been walking through a season though where this passage gives me strength because Jesus understands!

These last few months the call from the Father has been much the same.  I have had to surrender...to loosen my grasp on close relationships,  good things and even ministry things. All things that are good, but they are not things that should define me. Transitions in leadership at YFC Portage, a good friend getting engaged and my busy, busy schedule have left me evaluating again...where and in what do I place my security?  Will I surrender these things so I can know Him better?  Jesus' surrender meant that we could know the Father!  His voice is the same voice that called my Jesus and it says, loosen your grasp, Dee!  Open your hands, Dee...Let go and I will fill and fulfill my plan!  What are you grasping...let go...because Jesus understands and the best thing you can do is surrender to the Father's plan!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth (even when it hurts)

No More Cancer

Shake Off the Dust