Prayer of Resilience

"Dear Lord,
Thank you for the challenges in life that help to build my strength.

Thank you for the times when my lack of resources reminds me of the value of resourcefulness.

Thank you for the mysterious people who confound, frustrate and annoy me, teaching me patience and the art of forgiveness.

Thank you for the moments when I am in desperate need of a miracle, and at the very last moment, from an unexpected source, one arrives.

Thank you for the difficult path that only I can walk, the challenging problems that you have prepared for me to solve and the purpose that you have for my life.

Thank you for the moments of courage that you give me so that I can live a life of meaning, not comfort.

Thank you for the moments when I am aware of my many faults, not so that I can wallow in guilt, but so that I can tap into your grace and mercy.

Thank you for sending angels to wrestle with me, building my resilience and teaching me to hold on to what is good.

I pray that you would give me strong ankles for the times when I walk on rocky ground.

I pray that you would give me a strong heart for the times when pain would otherwise break my spirit.

And I pray that  even in  the darkest night, I will be looking to the light that’s coming.

I pray that I (and my family and friends) may be numbered with the resilient ones.
Amen"
 From:http://betterlifecoachingblog.com/2014/02/04/the-prayer-of-resilience/

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth (even when it hurts)

No More Cancer

Shake Off the Dust