Stone Faced Girl



Dear Stone-Faced Girl,
I saw you today...your eyes dark, without hope, lifeless and dull.  

I sit in prayer for you and I wonder what images, scenes and trauma those eyes have looked on. 

I wonder how many tears you cry as you think about it. 

I hear you scream, curse and reject those who care. Those eyes also tell the story of a family separated, neglect and abuse. 

They say , “I hate”  no matter how many times our hearts cry out, “I love.”

 I pray for those eyes to see the Man that hung on a tree. 

He’s already been there forming your story, but the sin, systems and cycles you’ve been trapped in have blinded you to His love. 

Don’t shut your eyes to Him, Love!  Let Him see you! 

See Him. 

Let Him wash and re-imagine and refocus those eyes to see Hope, Light and Life. 
The scenes of your past cannot be changed, but I am praying that You dear stone - faced girl will be laughing and those eyes will tell the story of Joy!  

Here's to believing  those eyes will be full of childlike wonder again. AMEN!
UNTIL THEN...I'll just keep looking in your eyes...and asking for Heaven's view of you.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth (even when it hurts)

No More Cancer

Shake Off the Dust