I am jealous in a good way

I sit looking at her and inwardly praying for God to take the conversation deep.

I sit and listen to your favorite song as you scream the lyrics at the top of your lungs.

I sit and  be interested in your video game, your next crush and all your family drama.


I sit in my kitchen and figure out how to make your favorite Birthday treat and all the while there is that word going through my mind this week:

"JEALOUS"


I am not jealous of you, but for you.  Like Paul in 2 Corinthians 11:2, "I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy." This is the kind of jealous that burns straight from the heart of God into my heart.  God is jealous for my attention, my love, my heart & though I cannot perfectly exemplify this jealousy that is Him, I do know that He  has been and is stirring up in my heart a jealousy for the hearts of girls (youth) in Portage to be His.  I desire with every fiber of my being that they will turn to Him.  He has loved me with a love that fights for my heart and I want that same love to conquer hearts of every  person I know.  So I will go the extra mile, I will be poured out, I will lay myself down because He is jealous for me...and I for these people that He has put in my path...so yes I am jealous...jealous in a good way!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth (even when it hurts)

No More Cancer

Shake Off the Dust