Running & Missing Him

Today I felt like I was running!  How can you run, Dee, you may ask?  Well, let me tell you....even a crippled girl can feel like she's running sometimes.  I love, love that I get to visit schools, prepare talks, small groups, and programs and meet kids for a meal or coffee, but there are days when I feel like I run from the moment my feet hit the floor and I don't stop until my head hits the pillow (Can I get an "Amen!")
On days like this, I often feel like David in I Samuel 21 when he was running from Saul. He went to the priest and asked for some bread & a weapon.  I love the picture here because it says that the priest gave him 'the bread of the Presence' and he gave the sword that he killed Goliath with.  If David would have stopped running from village to village for a second and realized what these things represented in his life (the bread representing Christ --the bread of God's presence to us & the sword reminding David that with God's power he could overcome an enemy even greater than Saul), would he have still ran seeking refuge? 
I could be hard on David for this one, but then I realize that in all my running I fail to stop and see His constant reminders of His faithfulness to me.  I get so wrapped up in doing the next thing that I fail to see the reminders of His goodness. Father, Help me not to miss You in all the running!   

HIS Faithful Presence:
  •  Shows up in  giving an extraordinary amount of strength.
  • Showed up in a total stranger stopping and praying blessing on me.
  • Showed up in a visitor at my church blessing me in a HUGE way
  • Shows up in seeing movement towards God in my girls that I see.
  • Shows up in prayer and encouragement from a mentor
  • Shows up in men of God who faithfully pray for me.
  • Shows up in  a pair of boots given to me
  • Shows up in a note, picture or smile from a girl
  • Shows up in hearing a struggling Youth pray from his heart
  • Shows up in the face of a sleeping baby as I  hold her and talk to her lonely momma
  • Shows up in a pedicure appointment made for me to make these crazy feet beautiful
  • Shows up in a song, a text , a Scripture filled with Truth
 And then I RUN into YOUR ARMS...For my expectation,  my hope, my refuge is in You!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth (even when it hurts)

No More Cancer

Shake Off the Dust